Make no bones about it, your list is quite likely the number one asset for your online business. If you’re a regular reader at Contentrix, that really shouldn’t surprise you, of course.
The problem is, a lot of people mistakenly put their newsletter or mailing list on the backburner because it seems like too much work.
That’s a darned shame because unleashing the power of your list doesn’t have to be much work at all…
Here are some tips to make things easier for you:
1. Keep your emails simple. Forget about creating an “ezine” or magazine style publication because they are just too much work. Plus, test after test has proven that only a small portion of an ezine-type email is likely to be read.
2. One topic at a time. Many people approach email by touching on multiple topics, so that there is a better chance of appealing to the reader. But again, it’s more work and multi-topic emails can create information overload for your reader. Overall, you’re likely to get better results when you keep your reader focused on the subject at hand. Try it, you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.
3. Better and higher priced advertising. If you’re selling advertising in your publication, it may create a need for extra content in your emails. If so, see Tip #4 and/or considering reducing the number of ads and charging more. Your advertisers may be willing to pay more for exclusive advertising space.
4. Get help. You probably already know that we can help you write your emails or articles for your publication. Our ghostwriting services are here, but whether you use us or not, there is no reason you have to do all the writing for your company.
5. Make a schedule. Just like with your blogging and other content publishing, make sure your email marketing is scheduled too. Plan topics and product promotions ahead of time for more synergy and great results.
Making email a priority is pretty simple when you have a plan. What’s your email marketing plan?
What to Do Next to be an Email Marketing Success
A big part of email marketing success, comes from making it a regular habit. The more you work on growing and nurturing your list, the better your results. To ensure you develop those great habits, be sure to join me for the 30-Day Email Marketing Challenge. I’ll whip you into shape in no time.