The power of email marketing cannot be denied. Email marketing is a very effective way to spread the word about your products and services in a way that few other methods can match. With email marketing you have a direct line to your leads, potential customers and customers. No matter what other people say, email is not dead. It’s still the most powerful form of marketing you have right at your fingertips. The statistics do not lie.
1) 70% of respondents reported to always opening email from their favorite companies. (Exact Target)
With email you have a direct line straight to your customer or leads. This is a very powerful position to be in, knowing that many of your list subscribers will open your message.
2) 1/3rd of consumers base the decision to open email or not on just the subject line. (Salesforce.com)
This tells you that creating compelling email subject lines is an important aspect of creating content that your subscribers want to see. If your subject line doesn’t pique curiosity, they might not read what’s inside.
3) 2/3rds of Gmail recipients open email on mobile devices. (Litmus)
Understanding that so many people read email on their mobile devices shows you that your email marketing messages, as well as other online real-estate needs to be responsive.
4) Emails are typically opened between 10 am and 4 pm Mon-Fri. (Harland Clarke)
What time does your audience open emails? Do you know? Try sending test messages using this information to find out when people are opening your email messages.
5) 7 out of 10 people who opened an email with a coupon redeemed it. (Blue Kangaroo)
While you don’t want to constantly rely on discounts to get new customers, if a small coupon can turn that many people around, why not give it a try?
6) Email marketing’s return on investment is over 4000%. (Direct Marketing Association)
Okay. This is a huge number. If you’re not using email marketing to its fullest potential to get the word out about your business, why not? What more do you need to know?
7) 91% of consumers check their email daily. (Exact Target)
Email is the most powerful way to market your business to your audience. Virtually everyone uses email and almost everyone checks their email daily.
8) Increase your deliverability rate by removing inactive subscribers. (WhoIsHostingThis)
An inactive subscriber can be described as someone who has not opened an email within a period of time from 8 to 12 months. Give them a last opportunity, then delete them to immediately improve your stats.
9) Subject lines of 6 to 10 words are more likely to be opened. (Retention Science)
Focus on making your subject lines as clear as possible in 6 to 10 words. Most people open emails based on the subject line alone, don’t waste one word.
10) Personalization results in 41% higher unique click through rate. (Experian Marketing Services)
It’s interesting to note that most people realize that personalization is automated today, but they still like it anyway because it still works. Personalize all your messages as much as possible for the highest return on your investment.
These stats are important to remember when embarking on an email marketing campaign. It helps you realize that with the right optimization, the right subject lines, and the right targeted audience, email marketing is not only a powerful way to increase your sales but it is a superior way, that cannot be matched by any other marketing method.
How to Develop Successful Email Marketing Habits
A big part of email marketing success, comes from making it a regular habit. The more you work on growing and nurturing your list, the better your results. To ensure you develop those great habits, be sure to join Alice for the 30-Day Email Marketing Challenge. She’ll whip you into shape in no time.